The course is part of this learning path
This training course provides you with a deep dive into the Java Stream API. The Java Stream API is a functional stream processing API and is used to define the logic of a task in a declarative way.
What you'll learn:
- What the Stream API provides and when and why you should use it
- How to use the Stream API to process elements within a collection
- How to filter and find elements within a Stream
- How to group and gather statistics on elements within a Stream
- A basic understanding of the Java programming language
- A basic understanding of software development
- A basic understanding of the software development life cycle
- Software Engineers interested in advancing their Java skills
- Software Architects interested in using advanced features of Java to design and build both applications and frameworks
- Anyone interested in advanced Java application development and associated tooling
- Anyone interested in understanding the advanced areas and features of the Java SDK
- [Jeremy Cook] Hello and welcome to this CloudAcademy course on the Java Stream API. In this lecture we'll introduce you to the course agenda, and learning objectives. This training course introduces you to the Java Stream API which was added to Java in Java 8. The Java Stream API is a functional stream processing API and is used to define the logic of a task in a declarative way. By completing this course, you will: understand what the Stream API provides and when and why you should use it; understand how to use the Stream API to process elements within a collection; understand how to filter and find elements within a Stream; and be able to group and gather statistics on elements within a Stream. Okay the course introduction has now been completed. Go ahead and close this lecture and we'll see you shortly in the next one.
Jeremy is a Content Lead Architect and DevOps SME here at Cloud Academy where he specializes in developing DevOps technical training documentation.
He has a strong background in software engineering, and has been coding with various languages, frameworks, and systems for the past 25+ years. In recent times, Jeremy has been focused on DevOps, Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP), Security, Kubernetes, and Machine Learning.
Jeremy holds professional certifications for AWS, Azure, GCP, Terraform, Kubernetes (CKA, CKAD, CKS).