The course is part of this learning path
In this course, you will learn how to use AWS Network Firewalls to secure your VPCs.
- Understand what an AWS Network Firewall is
- Learn the differences between Network Access Control List, Security Groups, and an AWS Network Firewall
- Understand the options for deploying AWS Network Firewalls from Distributed, Centralized, and a combination of both
- Learn how to centrally manage all AWS Network Firewalls using AWS Firewall Manager
If you’re a Solution Architect, Cloud Engineer with a huge passion for learning new or existing features around AWS, then this course is for you.
- Have prior AWS Console knowledge
- Understand what a network firewall is
- Basic understanding of how firewall rules work
In this course, you learned about AWS Network Firewall. What it is. Features when deploying the AWS network firewall. We compared the difference between security groups for instances versus network access control lists to protect VPCs versus the use of AWS network firewall.
From there, we talked about the different deployment models that included, distributed, centralized, and a combination of both distributed and centralized.
We summarized and compared all three deployment models and talked about some of the considerations. The last thing we touched on was the AWS firewall manager, and how can it be centrally managed, all the rules and policies for AWS network firewall using any of the three deployment models mentioned above.
This now concludes AWS network firewall.
Jon Myer, ex-amazonian and a Chief Evangelist at nOps. His passion for technology and creating content to educate others has evolved over the years.
He's also the host and creator behind the "Jon Myer Podcast" as a professional storyteller and podcaster, helping others bring their stories to life.