Working with Collections
The course is part of this learning path
This course provides you with a deep dive into the Java Collection API and many of the available collection implementations. We’ll review each of the key collection interfaces and their associated implementations.
In this course you'll learn:
- What Collections are and when and why you would implement them
- The Collection API and hierarchy of interfaces
- The key differences between a Set, List, and Queue
- How to perform sorting within a collection
- How to implement comparators
- How to pick and implement the right collection for a particular requirement
- A basic understanding of the Java programming language
- A basic understanding of software development
- A basic understanding of the software development life cycle
- Software Engineers interested in advancing their Java skills
- Software Architects interested in using advanced features of Java to design and build both applications and frameworks
- Anyone interested in advanced Java application development and associated tooling
- Anyone interested in understanding the advanced areas and features of the Java SDK
- [Jeremy] Hello and welcome to this Cloud Academy course on Java Collections. In this lecture, we'll introduce you to the course agenda and learning objectives. This training course introduces you to Collections in the Collection API as used within Java. Here we'll review each of the key collection interfaces and their associated implementations. By completing this course, you will: understand what Collections are and when and why you would implement them, understand the Collection API and the hierarchy of interfaces, understand the key differences between a set, list, and queue, understand how to perform sorting within a collection, understand how to implement comparators and be able to pick and implement the right collection for a particular requirement. Okay, the course introduction has now been completed. Go ahead and close this lecture and we'll see you shortly in the next one.
Jeremy is a Content Lead Architect and DevOps SME here at Cloud Academy where he specializes in developing DevOps technical training documentation.
He has a strong background in software engineering, and has been coding with various languages, frameworks, and systems for the past 25+ years. In recent times, Jeremy has been focused on DevOps, Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure), Security, Kubernetes, and Machine Learning.
Jeremy holds professional certifications for AWS, GCP, and Kubernetes.