Connecting Azure Web App to KeyVault for Application Settings ChallengePush your skills to the next level in a live environment
- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Lab challenges are hands-on labs with the gloves off. You jump into an auto-provisioned cloud environment and are given a goal to accomplish. No instructions, no hints. To pass, you'll have a limited time to demonstrate your problem-solving skills and get the checks that inspect the state of your lab environment.
Azure Key Vault is centralized secret storage that allows you to control the distribution and access to the secrets. Access to the keys requires proper authentication and authorization before access is granted. Managed Identity provides an application identity to the PaaS or SaaS offering in the Azure that allows you to connect to any Azure service that supports RBAC access through Azure AD.
This lab challenge assumes familiarity with the following concepts:
- Understanding of Azure KeyVault and Azure Web App offering
- Understanding Application Settings on web apps and using KeyVault reference for secrets
This hands-on lab challenge will test your practical ability to interact with the Azure Web Apps to satisfy a set of requirements in a production-like Azure environment. You will be presented with a task and set of requirements you must fulfill to pass the challenge.
This is a real environment, which means you can prove your knowledge in an applied way, substituting multiple choice questions for a dynamic performance-based exam situation.
What will be assessed
- Azure Web Apps
- Azure CosmosDB
- Azure KeyVault
- Candidates for Azure Security Engineer Associate Exam (AZ-500)
- Security Engineers
- DevOps Engineers
- Cloud Architects
- Securing Azure Web App Application Settings using KeyVault Secrets (Lab)
- Interacting with Azure Cosmos DB from NextJS Web App using Application Settings (Lab)
Parveen is an Azure advocate with previous experience in the professional consulting services industries. He specializes in infrastructure and DevOps with a wide range of knowledge in security and access management. He is also an Azure Certified - DevOps Engineer Expert, Security Engineer, Developer Associate, Administrator Associate, CompTIA Certified - Network+, Security+, and AWS Cloud Practitioner.
Parveen enjoys writing about cloud technologies and sharing the knowledge with the community to help students upskill in the cloud.