Deploy a Google Compute Engine Instance with Terraform ChallengePush your skills to the next level in a live environment
- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Lab challenges are hands-on labs with the gloves off. You jump into an auto-provisioned cloud environment and are given a goal to accomplish. No instructions, no hints. To pass, you'll have a limited time to demonstrate your problem-solving skills and get the checks that inspect the state of your lab environment.
This hands-on IDE challenge assumes familiarity with performing the following actions within a Terraform project:
- Configuring Terraform modules
- Establishing remote Terraform state
- Initializing and deploying Terraform projects using the Terraform CLI
If you are unfamiliar with any of the above, Cloud Academy recommends completing the courses and labs mentioned in the prerequisites before attempting this lab challenge.
This challenge will test your practical ability to work within a Terraform project to satisfy a set of requirements in a production-like GCP environment. You will receive a task and a set of requirements you must fulfill to pass the challenge.
This is a real environment, which means you can prove your knowledge in an applied way, substituting multiple choice questions for a dynamic performance-based exam situation.
What will be assessed
- Storing Terraform state in a remote source
- Declaring Terraform variables
- Configuring a Terraform module
- Deploying a Google Compute Engine instance with Terraform
- Individuals looking to pass the HashiCorp Certified Terraform Associate Exam
- Individuals and teams seeking an introduction to using Terraform with Google Cloud Platform
Jun is a Cloud Labs Developer with previous experience as a Software Engineer and Cloud Developer. He holds the AWS Certified Solutions Architect and DevOps Engineer Professional certifications. He also holds the AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Developer, and SysOps Administrator Associate certifications.
Jun is focused on giving back to the growing cloud community by sharing his knowledge and experience with students and creating engaging content.