Deploying Azure Virtual Desktop Environment ChallengePush your skills to the next level in a live environment
- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Lab challenges are hands-on labs with the gloves off. You jump into an auto-provisioned cloud environment and are given a goal to accomplish. No instructions, no hints. To pass, you'll have a limited time to demonstrate your problem-solving skills and get the checks that inspect the state of your lab environment.
Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD) is a desktop and application as a service offering (DaaS) in Azure. AVD enables you to run a virtual desktop environment in the cloud at scale. It offers the capabilities to create a production-ready virtual desktop environment in Azure without any need to create any gateway or VPN services. The service scales for 1,000 virtual desktops and above to support enterprise needs in the cloud.
This lab challenge assumes familiarity with the following concepts:
- Understanding how to create and manage AVD Workspace, Application Group, and Host Pool
- Understanding how to create a Host Pool joined to a Domain Controller in Azure
If you are unfamiliar with any of the above, Cloud Academy recommends completing the labs mentioned in the prerequisites before attempting this lab challenge.
This hands-on lab challenge will test your practical ability to interact with the Azure Virtual Desktop to satisfy a set of requirements in a production-like Azure environment. You will be presented with a task and set of requirements you must fulfill to pass the challenge.
This is a real environment, which means you can prove your knowledge in an applied way, substituting multiple choice questions for a dynamic performance-based exam situation.
What will be assessed
- Creating AVD Workspace, Application Group, and Host Pool
- Creating Host Pool joined to a Domain Controller in Azure
- Candidates for AZ-140 (Configuring and Operating Microsoft Azure Virtual Desktop) Exam
- Cloud Architects-
- DevOps Engineers
- Introduction to Azure Virtual Desktop
- Working with Azure Virtual Desktop Host Pools
Parveen is an Azure advocate with previous experience in the professional consulting services industries. He specializes in infrastructure and DevOps with a wide range of knowledge in security and access management. He is also an Azure Certified - DevOps Engineer Expert, Security Engineer, Developer Associate, Administrator Associate, CompTIA Certified - Network+, Security+, and AWS Cloud Practitioner.
Parveen enjoys writing about cloud technologies and sharing the knowledge with the community to help students upskill in the cloud.