Docker Basics ChallengePush your skills to the next level in a live environment
- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Lab challenges are hands-on labs with the gloves off. You jump into an auto-provisioned cloud environment and are given a goal to accomplish. No instructions, no hints. To pass, you'll have a limited time to demonstrate your problem-solving skills and get the checks that inspect the state of your lab environment.
In this lab challenge your basic Docker skills are put to the test. You need to complete several tasks using a real Docker host to complete the challenge. Use your knowledge of Docker concepts and the Docker command-line interface (CLI) in unison to pass all of the checks before time runs out.
What will be assessed
- Docker image creation
- Docker tagging
- Docker port mapping
- Docker container configuration
- Docker Certified Associate (DCA) exam candidates
- Individuals with basic Docker competency
- Completion of the Introduction to Docker course
- Completion of a Getting Started with Docker lab
Logan has been involved in software development and research since 2007 and has been in the cloud since 2012. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist (CKS), Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD), and Certified OpenStack Administrator (COA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.