Google Cloud Professional Developer Challenge
Professional Cloud Developers in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) have command of various GCP services and development tools to build highly scalable, and available applications. To that end, this lab challenge tests your skills in a variety of related areas by providing a microservice application. The application includes Python, React, and Node.js microservices and touches many of the cloud services referenced in the Professional Cloud Developer exam guide including:
- Google Kubernetes Engine
- Cloud Functions
- Cloud Run
- Cloud Source Repositories
- Cloud Build
- Artifact Registry
- Cloud Spanner
- Cloud Identity and Access Management
- Cloud Logging
- Cloud Monitoring
You will demonstrate your skills by troubleshooting and fixing a number of issues in the application.
Jan 16th, 2023 - Resolved an issue causing the lab to fail to provision in some cases
July 19th, 2023 - Complete redesign of the challenge to cover more topics on the Professional Cloud Developer certification exam. The previous generation is now available as the Google Cloud Developer Fundamentals Challenge.
- Completion of all elements of the Google Professional Cloud Developer Exam Preparation course is recommended or equivalent experience
- Candidates for the Google Professional Cloud Developer certification
- Google Cloud Practitioners
- Google-recommended tools and best practices for application development
- Topics relevant to cloud-native applications, developer tools, managed services, and next-generation databases
- General-purpose programming
Logan has been involved in software development and research since 2007 and has been in the cloud since 2012. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist (CKS), Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD), and Certified OpenStack Administrator (COA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.