Intro to SQL Challenge
Structured Query Language (SQL) is a database language for storing, manipulating and retrieving data. Companies use SQL when they have a need to store, update and serve data with clearly-defined relationships or using mature, proven technology, with a database language that is easy to get started with.
In this lab challenge, you'll be provided with a SQL environment and complete several SQL tasks in order to pass. This is a real environment, meaning you'll have the chance to show practical experience rather than answer questions in a multiple-choice environment.
August 24th, 2020 - Updated the lab to use in-browser Remote Desktop to streamline the lab experience
March 13th, 2020 - Updated the lab's SQL license and validation steps
- Familiarity with the Azure Portal is helpful but not required
- The Cloud Academy lab on working with SQL
- Prospective developers, data scientists and database engineers
- Anyone who needs the ability to store, edit and view data
- Anyone interested in full-stack, backend or website development
- Your knowledge of basic SQL principles
- Your ability to navigate within Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- Your practical ability to create and manage data using SQL
Matt has worked for multiple Fortune 500 companies as a DevOps Engineer and Solutions Architect. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, and an AWS Certified Solution Architect - Associate. He enjoys reading and learning new technologies.