Introduction to Scala Challenge
In this lab challenge, you will need to prove your knowledge of the Scala programming language by leveraging the basics and common entities that Scala offers such as traits, classes, and functions.
The objectives you will need to achieve represent essential skills that a software engineer focused on functional programming paradigm needs to have. You'll be given a desired end state and be required to reach it using your knowledge of Scala. This lab challenge simulates building a solution in a real-world scenario. As with any real-world scenario, this lab will not guide you through the steps needed to complete it.
Before attempting the challenge, we strongly recommend completing the following Scala labs:
- Understanding Basic Scala Elements for Functional Programming
- Starting using Recursion with Scala
- Creating and Handling Classes and Hierarchies in Scala
- Introducing Generics for Classes and Functions in Scala
April 20th, 2023 - Updated theia to enable autosave
- Good knowledge of Scala
- Software engineers, especially those focused on functional programming
- Your ability to use Scala
- Particular aspects to the parts related to the functional programming
Stefano studies Computer Science and is passionate about technology. He loves working with Cloud services and learning all the best practices for them. Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services are the cloud providers he prefers. He is a Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer. Node.js is the programming language he always uses to code. When he's not involved in studying or working, Stefano loves riding his motorbike and exploring new places.