Machine Learning Python Challenge: Regression
In this lab challenge, you will be tested on your
scikit-learn skills to build a machine learning pipeline to predict the price of a stock. Here, you will be tested on data preprocessing, fitting, and evaluation of the regression model.
To get the most from this lab, it is recommended to have confidence and exposure to at least the following libraries:
You are strongly encourage to have completed the following courses, available in our content library:
- Building a Machine Learning pipeline with scikit-learn: part 01
- Building a Machine Learning pipeline with scikit-learn: part 02
as well as the following lab:
before starting this challenge.
April 6ht, 2023 - Resolved a dependency issue causing the stock ticker data frame
January 27th, 2022 - Updated Python libraries to resolve an issue using the Yahoo APIs
September 20th, 2021 - Updated Python libraries to resolve an issue using the Yahoo APIs
- Knowledge of regression: Completion of the Building a Machine Learning pipeline with scikit-learn: part 02 course is highly recommended
- Knowledge of preprocessing: Completion of the Building a Machine Learning pipeline with scikit-learn: part 01 course is highly recommended
- Machine Learning Engineers
- Data scientists
- Your ability to create a machine learning pipeline
- Your ability to fit a linear regression model
- Your ability to evaluate a fitted model
Andrea is a Data Scientist at Cloud Academy. He is passionate about statistical modeling and machine learning algorithms, especially for solving business tasks.
He holds a PhD in Statistics, and he has published in several peer-reviewed academic journals. He is also the author of the book Applied Machine Learning with Python.