Yahoo Finance API Data Visualization ChallengePush your skills to the next level in a live environment
- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Lab challenges are hands-on labs with the gloves off. You jump into an auto-provisioned cloud environment and are given a goal to accomplish. No instructions, no hints. To pass, you'll have a limited time to demonstrate your problem-solving skills and get the checks that inspect the state of your lab environment.
In this lab challenge, you will need to prove your knowledge of the Yahoo Finance API by using the
yfinance library, fetching market data, displaying them, and then using the
plotly library to plot charts based on that data. The objectives you will need to achieve represent useful skills that a finance data scienctist should know. You'll be given a desired end state and be required to reach it using your knowledge of the Yahoo Finance API, and
plotly. This lab challenge simulates building a solution in a real-world scenario. As with any real-world scenario, this lab will not guide you through the steps needed to complete it.
What will be assessed
- Your ability to integrate and use the Yahoo Finance API through the yfinance library
- Your skills to integrate and use the plotly library to plot market data
- Data scientists that are mainly focused on the financial field
- Python developers who are interested in visualizing financial data
- Basic knowledge of the Yahoo Finance API
- Good knowledge of Python
Stefano studies Computer Science and is passionate about technology. He loves working with Cloud services and learning all the best practices for them. Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services are the cloud providers he prefers. He is a Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer. Node.js is the programming language he always uses to code. When he's not involved in studying or working, Stefano loves riding his motorbike and exploring new places.