The hands-on lab is part of these learning paths
Ready for the real environment experience?
Azure SQL Database has built-in data security capabilities collectively known as advanced data security (ADS). ADS provides multiple security pillars to improve your database security posture:
- Data discovery & classification
- Vulnerability assessment
- Advanced threat protection
In this lab, you will demonstrate the capabilities of each of these services and understand how ADS provides security as a service for your database. Specifically, you will see how ADS can help your organization achieve security compliance, proactively remediate vulnerabilities, and protect your data from attacks. You will also see how ADS can alert you to any threats it discovers and also enrich your database audit logs with security sensitivity information.
Upon completion of this Lab you will be able to:
- Configure advanced data security and auditing for Azure SQL Databases
- Explain the benefits of each of the security services provided by ADS
- Use ADS to remediate vulnerabilities and threats in your database
- Use ADS to improve your compliance with various security
This lab is intended for:
- DP-200 Implementing an Azure Data Solution exam candidates
- Anyone interested in securing Azure SQL Database instances
You should be familiar with:
- Azure Storage and SQL Database basics
You can complete the Designing an Azure Data Implementation course to gain this knowledge.
July 3rd, 2020 - Updated the instructions for viewing the ADS server settings to match the latest portal experience
March 12th, 2020 - Updated the lab startup template to automatically enable ADS to avoid an issue preventing the ability of students to configure the ADS storage account
About the Author
Logan has been involved in software development and research since 2007 and has been in the cloud since 2012. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD), Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator (LFCS), and Certified OpenStack Administrator (COA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.