The hands-on lab is part of these learning pathsSee 2 more
Ready for the real environment experience?
Azure Databricks is an analytics platform powered by Apache Spark. Spark is a unified analytics engine capable of working with virtually every major database, data caching service, and data warehouse provider. In addition to it working with most providers, companies use Spark because it uses in-memory computing among other optimizations to offer very fast analytics. Azure Databricks enables companies to integrate their data analytics solutions into their existing Azure infrastructure. In this lab, you'll load data into Azure Data Lake Store and use Databricks to interact with that data through a Databricks workspace and cluster that you'll configure.
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Load data into Azure Data Lake Store
- Create and manage a Databricks workspace
- Create and manage a Databricks cluster
- Mount data into a Databricks workspace from Azure Data Lake Store
- Interact with data using Databricks
This lab is intended for:
- Azure administrators
- Cloud engineers and solutions architects
- Data engineers
- Anyone with a need to visualize and analyze data in Azure
You should be familiar with:
- Basic familiarity with the Azure Portal is helpful, but not required
- The videos on using Azure Databricks to interact with ADLS data are helpful
September 7th, 2021 - Updated instructions and images to reflect the latest portal experience
June 15th, 2021 - Updated the instruction to reflect the latest portal experience
June 22nd, 2020 - Clarified the format of the Azure Data Lake Storage URL and included a screenshot to avoid confusion
Matt has worked for multiple Fortune 500 companies as a DevOps Engineer and Solutions Architect. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, and an AWS Certified Solution Architect - Associate. He enjoys reading and learning new technologies.