Ready for the real environment experience?
Azure Automation is a service that offers the ability to automate almost any kind of resource management and administration across both your cloud and non-cloud environments. Among many other things, it can automate configuration and update management, task scheduling, problem remediation, and resource health, among both Windows and Linux environments, both in the cloud and on-premises. Companies use Azure Automation because it offers an intuitive way to automate almost any computing need.
Azure Automation runbooks are ways to store and execute pre-defined code, either on a schedule or in response to some kind of trigger. In this lab, you'll practice setting up a runbook to remediate a high CPU usage problem with an Azure VM.
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Configure Metric Alerts in Azure to trigger Azure Automation Runbooks
- Create and configure runbooks in the Azure Portal
- Use runbooks to interact with other Azure resources
This lab is intended for:
- Azure administrators
- Cloud engineers
- Solutions architects and DevOps engineers
- Anyone with a need to automate something in Azure or on-premises
You should be familiar with:
- Basic familiarity with the Azure Portal is helpful, but not required
- Basic familiarity Windows Powershell is helpful but not required
Matt has worked for multiple Fortune 500 companies as a DevOps Engineer and Solutions Architect. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, and an AWS Certified Solution Architect - Associate. He enjoys reading and learning new technologies.