- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
The hands-on lab is part of these learning paths
Ready for the real environment experience?
API Management (APIM) is Azure's API gateway service allowing you to create consistent, modern APIs for a variety of backend services. APIM provides powerful capabilities, such as rate-limiting, quotas, and security. These capabilities can be applied to existing backend services without requiring any additional code.
This lab explores some of these capabilities using a backend service hosted on Azure App Service. You will learn about APIM policies and how they can modernize legacy APIs, and add a layer of security in front of backend services. You will also learn about API Management's built-in API key facilities called subscriptions.
Upon completion of this intermediate-level lab, you will be able to:
- Create an Azure API Management service instance
- Create APIs in API Management
- Use API Management policies to transform responses and secure APIs
- Secure APIs in API Management with Subscriptions
- Secure APIs in API Management with Client Certificates
- Candidates for Microsoft Azure Developer Certifications
Familiarity with the following is beneficial but are not required:
- Azure App Service
- RESTful APIs
The following content can be used to help fulfill the prerequisites:
September 22th, 2022 - Migrated lab to use Cloud Academy Web Terminal
August 31st, 2021 - Added instructions to workaround Azure bug when modifying the OpenAPI JSON spec
Logan has been involved in software development and research since 2007 and has been in the cloud since 2012. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist (CKS), Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD), and Certified OpenStack Administrator (COA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.