Ready for the real environment experience?
Cloud Run is a managed compute platform that automatically scales your stateless containers. Google Cloud Run is a serverless service, meaning you only need to think about your code; you write it, you test it and then you can deploy it by using Cloud Run. Everything related to the platform: CPU, memory, and networking are managed by Cloud Run. Because Cloud Run uses containers you don't need to worry about whether your preferred programming language is supported or handling dependencies. Everything is in the container and just runs. In this Lab, you will build a Docker image that refers to a simple Python application by using Cloud Build, then you will deploy the application by using Cloud Run. You will also monitor and get logs of your application by using the Cloud Run Console.
Upon completion of this Lab you will be able to:
- Deploy a container application to Google Cloud Run
- Monitor a running application by using Cloud Run Console
This Lab is intended for:
- Google Cloud Associate Cloud Engineer (ACE) certification candidates
- Individuals who want to improve their skills in the serverless deployment area by using Google services
- Solutions Architects who want to move their container applications to serverless
Basic knowledge of Docker is a plus but it is not required.
About the Author
Stefano studies Computer Science and is passionate about technology. He loves working with Cloud services and learning all the best practices for them. Amazon Web Services is the provider he prefers and Node.js the programming language he always uses to code. When he's not involved in studying or working, Stefano loves riding his motorbike and exploring new places.