CKA Practice Exam - Services and Networking
This lab is part of a series of practice exam content for the Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) certification. Each practice exam in the series provides you with exam-like tasks to perform in a Kubernetes cluster modeled after the clusters used in the real CKA exam. Each practice exam focuses on one particular domain in the CKA exam curriculum. The tasks outlined in the practice exam should be attempted on your own with the consultation of the official Kubernetes documentation, just like in the real exam. If you do need some assistance with a particular task, the solution, and relevant exam tips are provided in the final solution guide lab step in the lab.
This practice exam focuses on the Services & Networking domain which is worth 20% of the exam. The Services & Networking domain encapsulates the following knowledge, skills, and abilities listed in the exam curriculum:
- Understand host networking configuration on the cluster nodes
- Understand connectivity between Pods
- Understand ClusterIP, NodePort, LoadBalancer service types and endpoints
- Know how to use Ingress controllers and Ingress resources
- Know how to configure and use CoreDNS
- Choose an appropriate container network interface plugin
- Candidates preparing for the Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) exam
- Kubernetes Administrators
Familiarity with the following will be beneficial but is not required:
The following content can be used to fulfill the prerequisites:
October 13th, 2023 - Updated Kubernetes version
June 9th, 2023 - Updated Kubernetes version
Jeremy is a Content Lead Architect and DevOps SME here at Cloud Academy where he specializes in developing DevOps technical training documentation.
He has a strong background in software engineering, and has been coding with various languages, frameworks, and systems for the past 25+ years. In recent times, Jeremy has been focused on DevOps, Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP), Security, Kubernetes, and Machine Learning.
Jeremy holds professional certifications for AWS, Azure, GCP, Terraform, Kubernetes (CKA, CKAD, CKS).