CKA Practice Exam: Workloads and Scheduling
This lab is part of a series of practice exam content for the Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) certification. Each practice exam in the series provides you with exam-like tasks to perform in a Kubernetes cluster modeled after the clusters used in the real CKA exam. Each practice exam focuses on one particular domain in the CKA exam curriculum. The tasks outlined in the practice exam should be attempted on your own with the consultation of the official Kubernetes documentation, just like in the real exam. If you need some assistance with a particular task, the solution and relevant exam tips are provided in the final solution guide lab step in the lab.
This practice exam focuses on the Workloads and Scheduling domain which is worth 15% of the exam. The Workloads and Scheduling domain encapsulates the following knowledge, skills, and abilities listed in the exam curriculum:
- Understand deployments and how to perform rolling updates and rollbacks
- Use ConfigMaps and Secrets to configure applications
- Know how to scale applications
- Understand the primitives used to create robust, self-healing application deployments
- Understand how resource limits can affect Pod scheduling
- Awareness of manifest management and common templating tools
- Kubernetes workloads and scheduling
- Kubernetes certification exam candidates
- Kubernetes practitioners
- Completion of prior content in the Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) Exam Preparation learning path is highly recommended
October 13th, 2023 - Updated Kubernetes to 1.28
June 8th, 2023 - Updated Kubernetes version
Daniel is a Cloud Engineer with experience as an AWS Engineer and Operations Specialist. He holds the AWS DevOps Engineer Professional, AWS Developer Associate, AWS SysOps Administrator Associate, Certified Kubernetes Administrator, Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate, and HashiCorp Certified: Terraform Associate certifications. Daniel is focused on lab operations and enjoys continuously building his knowledge.