The hands-on lab is part of this learning path
Ready for the real environment experience?
This lab is part of a series of practice exam content for the Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) certification. Each practice exam in the series provides you with exam-like tasks to perform in a Kubernetes cluster modeled after the clusters used in the real CKAD exam. Each practice exam focuses on one particular domain in the CKAD exam curriculum. The tasks outlined in the practice exam should be attempted on your own with consultation of the official Kubernetes documentation, just like in the real exam. If you do need some assistance with a particular task, the solution and relevant exam tips are provided in the final solution guide lab step in the lab.
This practice exam focuses on the Pod Design domain which is worth 20% of the exam. The Pod Design domain encapsulates the following knowledge, skills, and abilities listed in the exam curriculum:
- Understand Deployments and how to perform rolling updates
- Understand Deployments and how to perform rollbacks
- Understand Jobs and CronJobs
- Understand how to use Labels, Selectors, and Annotations
- Kubernetes pod design
- Kubernetes certification exam candidates
- Kubernetes practitioners
- Completion of prior content in the Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) Exam Preparation learning path is highly recommended
Jeremy is a Content Lead Architect and DevOps SME here at Cloud Academy where he specializes in developing DevOps technical training documentation.
He has a strong background in software engineering, and has been coding with various languages, frameworks, and systems for the past 25+ years. In recent times, Jeremy has been focused on DevOps, Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure), Security, Kubernetes, and Machine Learning.
Jeremy holds professional certifications for AWS, GCP, and Kubernetes (CKA, CKAD, CKS).