The hands-on lab is part of this learning path
Ready for the real environment experience?
Being able to build and configure modular Java applications is an essential skill needed to create smaller application distributables with better security.
This lab is designed to deepen your Java Module knowledge. You will be required to complete the following Java coding exercise:
- Exercise 1 - Modules: Complete the module configuration which is used to create and package a multi-module Java application.
Note: The Modules exercise is supplied with a fully completed solution code for reference when required.
Upon completion of this lab, you will be able to:
- Be able to work confidently with Java Modules
- Implement and configure module-info.java files
- Understand the benefits of working with Java Modules and related security enhancements
- Run and debug the Java code and examine the results that are printed to the console
- Be comfortable with using a browser-based IDE
This lab will start with the following AWS resources provisioned automatically for you:
- A single EC2 instance, named ide.java.platform.instance, which will have a public IP address attached. This instance will host a web-based Java IDE (based on the Visual Code editor).
To achieve the lab end state, you will be walked through the process of:
- Using your local browser, access the web-based Java IDE served from the ide.java.platform.instance
- Completing the following lab exercises:
- Exercise 1 - Modules
June 16th, 2018 - Optimized creation of lab resources to reduce the time it takes to access the browser IDE by 60%.
About the Author
Jeremy is the DevOps Content Lead at Cloud Academy where he specializes in developing technical training documentation for DevOps.
He has a strong background in software engineering, and has been coding with various languages, frameworks, and systems for the past 20+ years. In recent times, Jeremy has been focused on DevOps, Cloud, Security, and Machine Learning.
Jeremy holds professional certifications for both the AWS and GCP cloud platforms.