The hands-on lab is part of this learning path
Ready for the real environment experience?
Being able to code productively with Java Streams is an essential skill needed to create robust, bug free, and performant applications.
This Lab is designed to deepen your Java Streams knowledge. You will be required to complete the following Java coding exercise:
- Exercise 1 - Collecting: Complete the Streaming code required to collect and aggregate Movie data stored on the filesystem, implementing methods such as:
- Exercise 2 - Streams: Complete the Streaming code required to filter and map over Movie data stored on the filesystem, implementing methods such as:
Note: Each exercise is supplied with a fully completed solution code for reference when required.
Upon completion of this Lab, you will be able to:
- Be able to work confidently with Java Streams
- Implement custom grouping, filtering, and mapping solutions using Java Streams
- Understand the benefits of working with Java Streams and associated Interfaces
- Run and debug the Java code and examine the results that are printed to the console
- Be comfortable with using a browser based IDE
This Lab will start with the following AWS resources provisioned automatically for you:
- A single EC2 instance, named ide.java.platform.instance, which will have a public IP address attached. This instance will host a web based Java IDE (based on the Visual Code editor).
To achieve the Lab end state, you will be walked through the process of:
- Using you local browser, access the web based Java IDE served from the ide.java.platform.instance
- Completing the following lab exercises:
- Exercise 1 - Collecting
- Exercise 2 - Streams
June 16th, 2018 - Optimized creation of Lab resources to reduce the time it takes to access the browser IDE by 60%
About the Author
Jeremy is the DevOps Content Lead at Cloud Academy where he specializes in developing technical training documentation for DevOps.
He has a strong background in software engineering, and has been coding with various languages, frameworks, and systems for the past 20+ years. In recent times, Jeremy has been focused on DevOps, Cloud, Security, and Machine Learning.
Jeremy holds professional certifications for both the AWS and GCP cloud platforms.