Ready for the real environment experience?
HashiCorp Vault is a modern, multi-cloud-friendly solution for managing secrets at scale. To ease adoption of Vault into your organization, Vault provides LDAP authentication. In this Lab, you will learn how to configure Vault to using an organization's LDAP identities and groups for authentication without duplicating usernames, passwords, or memberships. You will create access policies that map to LDAP groups to seamlessly authorize LDAP users in Vault.
Upon completion of this Lab, you will be able to:
- Install Vault on Linux systems
- Enable and configure LDAP authentication in Vault
- Create access policies that map to LDAP groups
- Authenticate LDAP users using the Vault CLI
You should be familiar with:
- Vault basics
- LDAP directory and schema knowledge is beneficial, but not required
About the Author
Logan has been involved in software development and research for over eleven years, including six years in the cloud. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, and Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.