- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
Go is an open-source programming language that makes it easy to build simple, reliable, and efficient software!
This lab is designed to show you how to install and setup a Go-based development environment, allowing you to compile and execute your own Go-based applications. The lab will then walk you through the process of creating a basic API in which you are shown how to use Gorilla Mux for API request routing.
Upon completion of this lab, you will be able to:
- Install and configure the Go toolset
- Create and compile basic Go applications
- Use Gorilla Mux for HTTP routing and URL matching
- Build basic APIs using Go
- Be comfortable with basic software engineering and development principles.
Note: This lab includes a complete solution to consult with when needed.
This lab will start with the following AWS resources provisioned automatically for you:
- A single EC2 instance, named ide.cloudacademy.platform.instance, which will have a public IP address attached. This will be the instance that you will connect to using your local workstation browser.
To achieve the lab end state, you will be walked through the process of:
- Using your local workstation browser to remotely connect to ide.cloudacademy.platform.instance
- Download, install and configure the Go toolset
- Create a basic API which leverages the Gorilla Mux package for HTTP routing and URL matching
- Compile, execute and test the resulting API
Jeremy is a Content Lead Architect and DevOps SME here at Cloud Academy where he specializes in developing DevOps technical training documentation.
He has a strong background in software engineering, and has been coding with various languages, frameworks, and systems for the past 25+ years. In recent times, Jeremy has been focused on DevOps, Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure), Security, Kubernetes, and Machine Learning.
Jeremy holds professional certifications for AWS, GCP, Terraform, Kubernetes (CKA, CKAD, CKS).