The hands-on lab is part of these learning pathsSee 2 more
Ready for the real environment experience?
Google Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) is a fully managed service that allows you to create VPCs. A VPC is an isolated environment hosted in the Google Cloud infrastructure. Inside a VPC, you can define Subnets in any available region you want. Then, you can create resources inside them. By using Google Virtual Private Cloud, Subnets in different regions can communicate without traversing the public Internet. Google Virtual Private Cloud also allows you to create firewall rules that filter the ingress and egress traffic, blocking any unapproved traffic. In this Lab, you will create a basic Network infrastructure composed by a VPC, two Subnets in different regions and two firewall rules that will filter the ingress traffic.
Upon completion of this Lab you will be able to:
- Create a Virtual Private Cloud
- Handle multiple Subnets inside the VPC
- Define firewall rules to filter ingress or egress traffic
This Lab is intended for:
- Google Cloud Associate Cloud Engineer (ACE) certification candidates
- Individuals who want to improve their skills in the networking area
- Solutions architects who want to build highly-available and secure network infrastructures
Basic knowledge of VPCs and Subnets are a plus but it is not required.
About the Author
Stefano studies Computer Science and is passionate about technology. He loves working with Cloud services and learning all the best practices for them. Amazon Web Services is the provider he prefers and Node.js the programming language he always uses to code. When he's not involved in studying or working, Stefano loves riding his motorbike and exploring new places.