Create a Virtual Machine in the Microsoft Azure Portal
Microsoft Azure is comprised of compute infrastructure and cloud services that Information Technology (IT) professionals and developers use to build, deploy and manage their applications. This is a beginner level lab that focuses on the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) component of Azure. The legacy model of IT includes purchasing, shipping, receiving, configuring, and booting up your infrastructure. In this lab, you will launch your first Windows Virtual Machine (VM) in Azure in minutes… not days or weeks!
- Remote Desktop (RDP) client software installed on your local machine
- Basic understanding of Information Technology (IT)
Upon completion of this lab, you will be able to:
- Log in and use the basics of the Microsoft Azure portal
- Configure a Windows virtual machine
- Launch virtual machine
- Connect to the virtual machine with Remote Desktop (RDP)
- Understand Web Server role on the virtual machine
A world-leading tech and digital skills organization, we help many of the world’s leading companies to build their tech and digital capabilities via our range of world-class training courses, reskilling bootcamps, work-based learning programs, and apprenticeships. We also create bespoke solutions, blending elements to meet specific client needs.