- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
In this lab, you will be securing your application using Cloud Identity Aware Proxy. You will first create a simple Python application that you will deploy on the App Engine and then you will enable Cloud IAP to create a Central Authorization Layer.
What is Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy?
Cloud IAP establishes a central authorization layer for an application accessed on a browser. IAP has resolved problems like direct endpoint access. To avoid such cases, IAP is used. When users try to access the endpoint URL, a prompt will appear for Google Sign In, if you are in the allowed member list, you will be able to access otherwise you will get an access denied error.
It is done at the application layer. If your application is on-premise, IAP Connector can be used.
- Internal traffic inside VM/GAE/GKE can bypass IAP.
- If you are using a third-party CDN, cached content might be served to unauthorized users.
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Secure your applications by allowing URL access only for trusted members.
- Providing application-level security instead of network-level security.
- Authenticate and authorize application users with OAuth.
This lab is intended for:
- Software Developers
- Network Engineers
- Security Engineers
You should possess:
- A basic understanding of HTML, CSS, and Python
Logan has been involved in software development and research since 2007 and has been in the cloud since 2012. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist (CKS), Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD), and Certified OpenStack Administrator (COA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.