Ready for the real environment experience?
Bots have a huge range of uses. They can serve as Q&A nodes, virtual assistants, customer service reps, web app or microservice front ends and much more. Backed by AI and machine learning tools, bots intelligently communicate with customers and team members alike to provide solutions for nearly every industry.
Teams use Azure Bot Service for their bot needs because of the tight integration it offers with other Azure services and the ease with which enterprise-grade bots can be deployed, among other reasons. Azure Bot Service makes it simple to get up and running locally with a bot, test it, then deploy it to Azure. In this lab, you will create a bot, test it locally, then use the Azure CLI to deploy it to Azure Bot Service.
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Create Azure bots in a Node.js environment, using Yeoman
- Interact locally with the bot using the Bot Framework Emulator
- Deploy it to Azure Bot Service using the Azure CLI and Azure Resource Manager
This lab is intended for:
- Cloud engineers
- Anyone aiming to implement AI or machine learning within their workflow
You should be familiar with:
- The principles of Node.js is helpful but not required
- The principles of the Azure Portal is helpful but not required
- Basic skills in Powershell is useful
About the Author
Matt has worked for multiple Fortune 500 companies as a DevOps Engineer and Solutions Architect. He is an AWS Certified Solution Architect - Associate, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate and an AWS Certified Developer - Associate. He enjoys reading and learning new technologies.