Ready for the real environment experience?
Terraform uses graph theory to plot relationships between resources. This mathematical process is used to determine the necessary steps to take for provisioning and destroying infrastructure. Understanding how to create resource dependencies within Terraform configurations is crucial for Terraform developers. It can prevent headaches in the future with timing issues and bugs in infrastructure deployments.
In this lab, you will learn how to create implicit dependencies between resources and experience firsthand what happens when Terraform resource dependencies are overlooked.
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Understand how Terraform deploys resources in order
- Troubleshoot Terraform dependency issues
This lab is intended for:
- Individuals studying to take the HashiCorp Certified: Terraform Associate exam
- Anyone interested in learning how to use Terraform to manage Cloud Service Providers
You should be familiar with:
- Cloud Services
- Basic understanding of Terraform deployments
The following course and lab can be used to fulfill the prerequisites:
June 24th, 2021 - Updated VM Size for the lab to increase resource allocation
Luke is a Site Reliability Engineer at Microsoft. His background is infrastructure development using Terraform and in 2021 he was awarded the HashiCorp Ambassador award. He is an Azure DevOps Engineer Expert, Azure Administrator Associate, and HashiCorp Certified - Terraform Associate.