The hands-on lab is part of this learning path
Ready for the real environment experience?
Terraform deployments rely on a resource graph that is built based on the Terraform configurations. During a deployment, Terraform will traverse this graph to generate plans, and initiate,update, or destroy application state.
Learning how to manage resource dependencies within Terraform configurations is crucial for Terraform developers. A solid understanding of implicit resource dependencies can prevent future sticking points and timing issues during the deployment of your GCP infrastructure.
In this lab, you will learn how to manage implicit dependencies between Google Cloud Platform resources.
Upon completion of this lab, you will be able to:
- Understand how Terraform deploys GCP resources in the necessary order
- Troubleshoot common Terraform dependency issues
- Individuals looking to pass the HashiCorp Certified: Terraform Associate Exam
- Individuals and teams seeking an introduction to using Terraform with Google Cloud Platform
Familiarity with the following will be beneficial but is not required:
- Basic concepts of Google Cloud Platform
Jun is a Cloud Labs Developer with previous experience as a Software Engineer and Cloud Developer. He holds the AWS Certified Solutions Architect and DevOps Engineer Professional certifications. He also holds the AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Developer, and SysOps Administrator Associate certifications.
Jun is focused on giving back to the growing cloud community by sharing his knowledge and experience with students and creating engaging content.