- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
As a help-desk analyst, you may be tasked with creating a digital identity for new starters in your company. User accounts in Azure AD are an identity type that can be used to access various resources within an organization, restricting access levels via roles and permissions. A user identity represents an individual's digital footprint in that organization.
In this lab, you will create a new user in Azure Active Directory and assign an Azure AD role to the user.
Note: Due to this lab requiring the creation of a Microsoft 365 organization with an Admin Center, if you don't already have one you will need to provide a mobile phone number to pass the account creation process.
Upon completion of this lab, you will be able to:
- Create a new user in Azure Active Directory
- Candidates who are studying for the AZ-900 (Microsoft Azure Fundamentals) Certification Exam
- Candidates who are studying for the SC-900 (Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals) Certification Exam
- Familiarity with Azure AD
- An understanding of identity management concepts
Adil is a Microsoft Certified Trainer, former Azure Engineer, and loves all things Azure. He is a certified Azure Administrator and Azure DevOps Expert and has worked for some of the biggest MSPs in the world (Cognizant, New Signature, CoreAzure). He loves to combine his two passions: cloud and teaching.
Adil specializes in Azure Infrastructure services and has a curiosity for new, in-preview services from Azure, getting his hands familiar with the content before most of the world does. Outside of work, Adil helps run a growing community of IT professionals looking to break into the cloud and regularly runs workshops and webinars.