- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
The hands-on lab is part of these learning pathsSee 7 more
Ready for the real environment experience?
Google Cloud Compute Engine is one of the most popular services offered by Google. It allows you to create, handle, and manage virtual machines. Compute Engine offers a variety of different virtual machines depending on the workload you need to maintain. There are VMs for high memory workload; VMs for high CPU workload and VMs designed to be used for high I/O operations. The big advantage of using Compute Engine VMs is that whether you can't find a VM type that suits your needs, you can create one with custom CPUs and memory size. Compute Engine also allows you to create a group of VMs to meet the scaling requirements.
In this lab, you will create a Linux compute engine VM, and you will SSH into the instance by using the browser-based connection.
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Create a Linux Compute Engine VM
- Connect to the VM by using the browser-based connection
This lab is intended for:
- Google Cloud Associate Cloud Engineer (ACE) certification candidates
- Cloud engineers who are interested in creating and handling a compute engine VM
- Individuals who want to start a VM in the Google Cloud environment
May 6th, 2022 - Updated the instructions and screenshots to reflect the latest UI
March 16th, 2022 - Updated Step 3 to match the instructions and screenshots
December 16th, 2021 - Updated instructions and screenshots to reflect updated Compute Engine console interface
Stefano studies Computer Science and is passionate about technology. He loves working with Cloud services and learning all the best practices for them. Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services are the cloud providers he prefers. He is a Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer. Node.js is the programming language he always uses to code. When he's not involved in studying or working, Stefano loves riding his motorbike and exploring new places.