The hands-on lab is part of this learning path
Ready for the real environment experience?
Google Cloud Deployment Manager is a service that allows you to define and deploy resources in your GCP environment, as well as create templates and configurations. By defining templates, you only have to specify the resources once and then you can reuse them whenever you want. Google Cloud Deployment Manager also gives you the possibility to use Jinja or Python to define the resources you desire. This way, you can use a declarative language to define the resources, and this will help you set their properties and granularities.
In this lab, you will set up two templates using Jinja: the first one will be for defining a VPC and the second will be for defining a storage bucket that you will then deploy. You will define a configuration file that will import the two templates, before finally moving on to deploying the configuration.
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Understand what templates and configurations are
- Define a template using Jinja
- Structure a configuration using YAML
- Deploy a configuration on Cloud Deployment Manager
This lab is intended for:
- Google Cloud Associate Cloud Engineer (ACE) certification candidates
- Solutions architects who want to define and deploy resources by following the IaaC (Infrastructure as a Code) paradigm
- Individuals who want to understand how to repeat deployment processes
This lab has no prerequisites.
About the Author
Stefano studies Computer Science and is passionate about technology. He loves working with Cloud services and learning all the best practices for them. Amazon Web Services is the provider he prefers and Node.js the programming language he always uses to code. When he's not involved in studying or working, Stefano loves riding his motorbike and exploring new places.