The hands-on lab is part of this learning path
Introduction to Kubernetes
Ready for the real environment experience?
Kubernetes is a popular orchestration tool for managing containerized applications. Kubernetes is production-ready and used by enterprises around the world. With Kubernetes, you can automatically deploy, scale, rollout updates, rollback, and recover container applications. In this Lab, you will learn how to deploy a stateless application in a Kubernetes cluster that you build from the ground up using Linux virtual machines.
Upon completion of this Lab you will be able to:
- Set up a Kubernetes master node
- Set up a Kubernetes worker node
- Deploy a stateless application in a Kubernetes cluster
- Create a Kubernetes service to allow access to the application from outside the cluster
- Effectively manage Kubernetes clusters from the command-line
You should be familiar with:
- Kubernetes concepts
- Working at the command-line in Linux
Before completing the Lab instructions, the environment will look as follows:
After completing the Lab instructions, the environment should look similar to:
About the Author
Logan has been involved in software development and research for over eleven years, including six years in the cloud. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, and Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.