- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
The hands-on lab is part of these learning pathsSee 1 more
Ready for the real environment experience?
Kubernetes is a popular orchestration tool for managing containerized applications. Kubernetes is production-ready and used by enterprises around the world. With Kubernetes, you can automatically deploy, scale, rollout updates, rollback, and recover container applications. In this Lab, you will learn how to deploy a stateless application in a Kubernetes cluster that you build from the ground up using Linux virtual machines.
Upon completion of this Lab you will be able to:
- Set up a Kubernetes master node
- Set up a Kubernetes worker node
- Deploy a stateless application in a Kubernetes cluster
- Create a Kubernetes service to allow access to the application from outside the cluster
- Effectively manage Kubernetes clusters from the command-line
You should be familiar with:
- Kubernetes concepts
- Working at the command-line in Linux
Before completing the Lab instructions, the environment will look as follows:
After completing the Lab instructions, the environment should look similar to:
May 18th, 2021: Resolved an issue with missing Kubernetes CLI on Worker node
May 9th, 2020: Resolved an issue preventing package installations in the Azure Red Hat VMs
April 14th, 2020: Added a validation check function to validate students' progress
Logan has been involved in software development and research since 2007 and has been in the cloud since 2012. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist (CKS), Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD), and Certified OpenStack Administrator (COA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.