The hands-on lab is part of these learning paths
Ready for the real environment experience?
Azure Resource Manager is a deployment and management service for Azure that allows you to manage resources using declarative JSON templates rather than scripts. With Azure Resource Manager, you have the ability to customize resource deployment using parameters, access controls, tags and more to tailor a template toward any scenario you need to.
In this lab, you will practice the basics of Azure Resource Manager by creating a basic template which will launch an Azure web app.
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Understand the principles of Azure Resource Manager
- Launch Azure Resource Manager templates using the Azure Portal
- Customize Resource Manager templates using parameters and variables
- Increase AZ-103 skills and prepare for the AZ-103 exam if applicable
This lab is intended for:
- Azure administrators
- Students interested in the customization and automation of resources in Azure
- Those looking to test for one of several Azure certifications, including AZ-103 and AZ-300
You should be familiar with:
- Basic understanding of JSON is helpful but not required
- Familiarity with the Azure Portal is helpful but not required
About the Author
Matt has worked for multiple Fortune 500 companies as a DevOps Engineer and Solutions Architect. He is an AWS Certified Solution Architect - Associate, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate and an AWS Certified Developer - Associate. He enjoys reading and learning new technologies.