Ready for the real environment experience?
Azure Resource Manager is a deployment and management service for Azure that allows you to manage resources using declarative JSON templates rather than scripts. With Azure Resource Manager, you have the ability to customize resource deployment using parameters, access controls, tags and more to tailor a template toward any scenario you need to.
In this lab, you will practice the basics of Azure Resource Manager by creating a basic template which will launch an Azure web app.
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Understand the principles of Azure Resource Manager
- Launch Azure Resource Manager templates using the Azure Portal
- Customize Resource Manager templates using parameters and variables
- Increase AZ-104 skills and prepare for the AZ-104 exam if applicable
This lab is intended for:
- Azure administrators
- Students interested in the customization and automation of resources in Azure
- Those looking to test for one of several Azure certifications, including AZ-104 and AZ-303
You should be familiar with:
- Basic understanding of JSON is helpful but not required
- Familiarity with the Azure Portal is helpful but not required
September 27th, 2022 - Updated checks
September 26th, 2022 - Updated lab to use the Cloud Academy IDE
April 14th, 2021 - Moved validation checks to the most relevant lab step for more immediate validation feedback
Matt has worked for multiple Fortune 500 companies as a DevOps Engineer and Solutions Architect. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, and an AWS Certified Solution Architect - Associate. He enjoys reading and learning new technologies.