The hands-on lab is part of these learning pathsSee 1 more
Ready for the real environment experience?
Azure App Service is a fully-managed platform as a service (PaaS) for building, deploying, and scaling web, mobile, API, and even serverless apps. In this Lab, you will learn all about App Service by deploying an ASP.NET Core app to Azure App Service Web Apps. You will also use a variety of services to monitor the app, including the Application Performance Management service called Application Insights. You will finish the Lab by configuring an alert when certain conditions are met in the monitoring data.
Upon completion of this Lab you will be able to:
- Explain and create App Service plans and App Services
- Understand the available App Service Web Apps deployment options
- Use deployment slots for zero-downtime deployments
- Monitor Web Apps using metrics, logs, and Application Insights
You should be familiar with:
- General software development and DevOps principles
- October 3rd, 2019 - Updated instructions due to new Azure features
- September 24th, 2019 - Updated the lab screenshots and instructions to follow Azure changes
- June 3rd, 2019 - Updated App Service screenshots and instructions
- April 23rd, 2019 - Updated App Service Plan screenshots to avoid inadvertently selecting the Marketplace App Service plan (preview) interface
- December 14th, 2018 - Added a validation Lab Step to check the work you perform in the Lab
About the Author
Logan has been involved in software development and research since 2007 and has been in the cloud since 2012. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD), Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator (LFCS), and Certified OpenStack Administrator (COA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.