The hands-on lab is part of these learning paths
Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions: 70-535 Exam Preparation
Implementing Microsoft Azure Solutions–70-533 Certification Preparation
Ready for the real environment experience?
Azure App Service is a fully-managed platform as a service (PaaS) for building, deploying, and scaling web, mobile, API, and even serverless apps. In this Lab, you will learn all about App Service by deploying an ASP.NET Core app to Azure App Service Web Apps. You will also use a variety of services to monitor the app, including the Application Performance Management service called Application Insights. You will finish the Lab by configuring an alert when certain conditions are met in the monitoring data.
Upon completion of this Lab you will be able to:
- Explain and create App Service plans and App Services
- Understand the available App Service Web Apps deployment options
- Use deployment slots for zero-downtime deployments
- Monitor Web Apps using metrics, logs, and Application Insights
- Configure alerts to notify you when certain conditions are met
You should be familiar with:
- General software development and DevOps principles
About the Author
Logan has been involved in software development and research for over eleven years, including six years in the cloud. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, and Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.