The hands-on lab is part of this learning path
Ready for the real environment experience?
Knowing how to write code in a Pythonic style is an important skill that should be mastered!
This lab is designed to show you how to exploit various Python language features to produce code that is considered to be Pythonic - being clear, concise, readable and maintainable.
- Exercise 1 - DynamicClasses: Complete the code required to dynamically create classes at runtime using the built-in type() function
- Exercise 2 - MonkeyPatching: Complete the code required to Monkey Patch a custom module - swapping out an existing function for an updated function at runtime
Note: Each exercise has a provided solution to consult with when needed.
Upon completion of this lab, you will be able to:
- Write Python code that can dynamically generate new classes at runtime programmatically
- Write Python code that can monkey patch existing Python code at runtime - thereby changing the behaviour of code
- Use the terminal to launch and debug Python scripts
- Be comfortable with using a browser-based IDE
This lab will start with the following AWS resources provisioned automatically for you:
- A single EC2 instance, named ide.python.platform.instance, which will have a public IP address attached. This instance will host a web-based Python IDE (based on the Visual Code editor).
To achieve the lab end state, you will be walked through the process of:
- Using your local browser, access the web-based Python IDE served from the ide.python.platform.instance
- Completing the following lab exercises:
- Exercise 1 - DynamicClasses
- Exercise 2 - MonkeyPatching
About the Author
Jeremy is the DevOps Content Lead at Cloud Academy where he specializes in developing technical training documentation for DevOps.
He has a strong background in software engineering, and has been coding with various languages, frameworks, and systems for the past 20+ years. In recent times, Jeremy has been focused on DevOps, Cloud, Security, and Machine Learning.
Jeremy holds professional certifications for both the AWS and GCP cloud platforms.