- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
PowerShell is an object-oriented scripting language used for scripting and automation. It is heavily used in managing Azure and Windows workloads. However, in the last few years, PowerShell has evolved into an open-source, cross-platform language and has seen continued growth amongst the IT Community.
In this lab, you will create a PowerShell script and learn how to start using PowerShell by using the built-in help system to run commands and explore how they work.
Upon completion of this beginner level lab, you will be able to:
- Check the PowerShell version in the console
- Look up commands in PowerShell and learn how to use them
- Create and run a PowerShell script
Familiarity with a programming language will be beneficial but is not required.
Luke is a Site Reliability Engineer at Microsoft. His background is infrastructure development using Terraform and in 2021 he was awarded the HashiCorp Ambassador award. He is an Azure DevOps Engineer Expert, Azure Administrator Associate, and HashiCorp Certified - Terraform Associate.