The hands-on lab is part of these learning paths
Ready for the real environment experience?
Azure SQL Databases allow cloud engineers and developers to quickly spin up fully managed SQL environments with the hassle of managing the underlying hardware and configuration. SQL Databases are also scalable with massive scaling using the hyperscale feature. Azure also provides AI-powered performance tuning for databases that increase performance the longer the database is used.
In this lab, you will explore the main features of Azure SQL and learn how to deploy and manage the service by connecting to the database and assigning user access.
Upon completion of this Lab you will be able to:
- Create an Azure SQL server and database
- Connect to an Azure SQL database through Azure Cloud Shell
- Create a new user and assign permissions to a database
This lab is intended for:
- Those studying for the DP-300 exam
- Anyone interested in using Azure SQL
You should possess:
- Basic understanding of Azure fundamentals
- Understanding of SQL and what it is
The following content is sufficient to fulfill these prerequisites:
Luke is a Site Reliability Engineer at Microsoft. His background is infrastructure development using Terraform and in 2021 he was awarded the HashiCorp Ambassador award. He is an Azure DevOps Engineer Expert, Azure Administrator Associate, and HashiCorp Certified - Terraform Associate.