Hardhat Lab: Smart Contract on a Local Network
With its comprehensive testing framework and plugin system, Hardhat enables efficient contract development, testing, and deployment on Ethereum and other compatible blockchains. It fosters a supportive community, making it accessible to developers of all levels, and empowering them to create innovative decentralised applications to contribute to the evolving blockchain landscape.
This Lab will take you through steps needed to create a local Hardhat node. You will also deploy and interact with a smart contract on it.
Upon completion of this lab, you will be able to:
- Create your in-memory network using Hardhat.
- Use Hardhat to compile the Smart Contract.
- Utilise Hardhat’s scripts to deploy your compiled Smart Contract to selected network.
- Interact with the Smart Contract using the Hardhat console.
- Interact with the Smart Contract using Hardhat scripts.
- Individuals studying software engineering.
- Individuals who have an interest in crypto technologies.
A world-leading tech and digital skills organization, we help many of the world’s leading companies to build their tech and digital capabilities via our range of world-class training courses, reskilling bootcamps, work-based learning programs, and apprenticeships. We also create bespoke solutions, blending elements to meet specific client needs.