- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
Security is of the utmost importance more than ever. Azure Web Application Firewall on Azure Application Gateway provides additional security protection for Application Gateways. Web applications are increasingly targeted by malicious attacks year over year, using WAF with Application Gateway can help Cloud engineers and developers protect their environments.
In this lab, you will explore enabling WAF on Application Gateway and creating a policy.
Upon completion of this Lab you will be able to:
- Enable WAF on an Application Gateway and enable monitoring
- Create a WAF policy and enforce it on multiple Application Gateways or Sites
- Create Custom Rules to mitigate security risks
This lab is intended for:
- Those studying for the AZ-700: Designing and Implementing Microsoft Azure Networking Solutions certification
- Anyone interested in Azure networking or security
You should possess:
- Basic understanding of Azure fundamentals
- Understanding of Firewalls and Application Gateways
The following content is sufficient to fulfill these prerequisites:
Luke is a Site Reliability Engineer at Microsoft. His background is infrastructure development using Terraform and in 2021 he was awarded the HashiCorp Ambassador award. He is an Azure DevOps Engineer Expert, Azure Administrator Associate, and HashiCorp Certified - Terraform Associate.