- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
This lab introduces the special
GEOGRAPHY data type in Google Cloud Platform’s BigQuery GIS serverless data warehouse tool. The lab walks the user through the spatial constructor functions which allow the user to create
GEOGRAPHY objects, including points, linestrings, and polygons. The final section covers how users can export
GEOGRAPHY objects into other data formats, such as GeoJSON.
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Interact with BigQuery datasets within Jupyter notebooks
- Convert geospatial data into a BigQuery GIS
- Export BigQuery GIS
GEOGRAPHYobjects into other formats
This lab is intended for:
- GIS engineers
- Data engineers dealing with location-based data
- Developers looking to leverage geospatial information
You should possess:
- Basic understanding of relational databases and ANSI SQL
- Basic understanding of Python
Calculated Systems was founded by experts in Hadoop, Google Cloud and AWS. Calculated Systems enables code-free capture, mapping and transformation of data in the cloud based on Apache NiFi, an open source project originally developed within the NSA. Calculated Systems accelerates time to market for new innovations while maintaining data integrity. With cloud automation tools, deep industry expertise, and experience productionalizing workloads development cycles are cut down to a fraction of their normal time. The ability to quickly develop large scale data ingestion and processing decreases the risk companies face in long development cycles. Calculated Systems is one of the industry leaders in Big Data transformation and education of these complex technologies.