Integrating Conditional Logic into Terraform Configurations in Azure
As companies start to build infrastructure using Terraform, the logic required to build self-service automation becomes complex. That's why HCL (HashiCorp Configuration Language) contains expressions that can perform calculations within Terraform configurations. Integrating conditional logic into modules allows them to become dynamic and reusable for different scenarios.
In this lab, you will create a Storage Account Module that contains conditional logic for deploying a Storage Account.
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Understand how Terraform modules can be made dynamic for reusability
- Learn about using conditional expressions within Terraform configurations
This lab is intended for:
- Individuals studying to take the HashiCorp Certified: Terraform Associate exam
- Anyone interested in learning how to use Terraform to manage Cloud Service Providers
You should be familiar with:
- Cloud Services
- Basic understanding of Terraform modules and variables
The following course and lab can be used to fulfill the prerequisites:
Luke is a Site Reliability Engineer at Microsoft. His background is infrastructure development using Terraform and in 2021 he was awarded the HashiCorp Ambassador award. He is an Azure DevOps Engineer Expert, Azure Administrator Associate, and HashiCorp Certified - Terraform Associate.