Ready for the real environment experience?
When running production-grade Kubernetes clusters, monitoring and alerting are considered essential components of an enterprise Kubernetes observability stack.
In this lab playground, you'll have the opportunity to play around with a preconfigured Kubernetes monitoring environment consisting of the following applications:
These monitoring applications are preinstalled and integrated to provide you with an effective and cohesive monitoring solution - right out of the box! To learn the steps involved in setting up the monitoring solution, check out the Monitoring K8s with the Kubernetes Dashboard, Prometheus, and Grafana lab.
The extended duration of this hands-on playground lab means you will have the time and freedom to get to know the provided Kubernetes monitoring solution. This lab playground also includes a couple of suggested activities to get you started with exploring the monitoring solution. The suggested activities are aimed at:
- Scaling out and in a sample Python Flask web-based API to understand and observe the effects within the monitoring solution
- Exploring the Kubernetes Dashboard to understand and observe its various features
- Exploring and using Prometheus to understand and observe its various features for collecting metrics
- Exploring and using Grafana to understand and observe its various dashboarding features and visualizations
This lab is intended for:
- Kubernetes practitioners
- DevOps Engineers
You should be familiar with:
- Basic Linux command line administration
- Basic Kubernetes and Container-based concepts
June 15th, 2021 - Addressed an issue that was causing some pods not to start
Jeremy is a Content Lead Architect and DevOps SME here at Cloud Academy where he specializes in developing DevOps technical training documentation.
He has a strong background in software engineering, and has been coding with various languages, frameworks, and systems for the past 25+ years. In recent times, Jeremy has been focused on DevOps, Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure), Security, Kubernetes, and Machine Learning.
Jeremy holds professional certifications for AWS, GCP, and Kubernetes (CKA, CKAD, CKS).