The hands-on lab is part of this learning path
Ready for the real environment experience?
An important consideration for any platform used to deploy production applications is observability. This Lab essentially answers how Kubernetes handles and helps you with observing everything that happens in the platform in terms of monitoring. Logging and monitoring are two pillars of observability. You will use what is built into Kubernetes and
kubectl as well as how to extend the platform to use external monitoring systems. More specifically, you will use Metrics Server as an example of a monitoring system. These foundations give you powerful debugging skills to diagnose and resolve issues with applications running in Kubernetes.
This lab is valuable to anyone working with Kubernetes, but the content has been prepared considering topics described in the Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) Exam Curriculum. Completion of the lab will help you get hands-on experience, which is essential for passing the CKAD exam.
- Understand liveness probes and readiness probes
- Understand how to monitor applications in Kubernetes
- Understand debugging in Kubernetes
- Kubernetes admins and operators
- Application developers and DevOps engineers deploying applications in containers and using or considering Kubernetes
- This Lab is recommended for Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) examinees
- Knowledge of Kubernetes Pod Design (Pods, Deployments, Services, Jobs)
- Experience with
You can complete the Kubernetes Pod Design for Application Developers lab series to satisfy the prerequisites.
Logan has been involved in software development and research since 2007 and has been in the cloud since 2012. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist (CKS), Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD), and Certified OpenStack Administrator (COA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.