The hands-on lab is part of this learning path
Ready for the real environment experience?
The Universal Control Plane (UCP) is a web-based component of Docker Enterprise for unified cluster and application management. It is the main point of interaction for Docker Enterprise users and the point of integration for applications. UCP extends Docker Enterprise by providing a web interface, identity management, security, and other additional services beneficial to enterprises.
In this lab, you will learn how to install UCP onto bare Docker hosts to create a multi-node installation from the ground up. You will also learn how to deploy applications onto the UCP cluster you create using the web interface.
Upon completion of this lab, you will be able to:
- Install Universal Control Plane (UCP)
- Join new nodes to the UCP cluster
- Deploy Docker container applications using the UCP web interface
- Monitor and inspect resources in a UCP cluster using the web interface
- Docker Enterprise users
- Those evaluating enterprise container orchestration platforms
- Docker Certified Associate (DCA) exam candidates
You should be familiar with:
- Docker and the Docker CLI
- Docker swarm mode fundamentals including manager and worker nodes
The following Cloud Academy content can help you meet the prerequisites if necessary:
Logan has been involved in software development and research since 2007 and has been in the cloud since 2012. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist (CKS), Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD), and Certified OpenStack Administrator (COA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.