- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
Docker swarm mode is Docker's integrated cluster and container orchestration feature. This Lab provides you with a pre-created cluster that is Docker swarm ready. In the Lab, you will manage your cluster using Docker swarm mode and learn common commands and capabilities. By the end, you will have implemented basic swarm monitoring, as well as deployed and scaled a multi-service application.
Upon completion of this Lab you will be able to:
- Manage nodes in a Docker swarm mode cluster
- Deploy and manage services in a swarm
- Monitor dispatched services in a swarm
- Deploy multi-service applications to the swarm using Docker stacks
You should be familiar with:
- Using Docker on Linux
- Docker concepts including containers, images, networks, and volumes
Before completing the Lab instructions, the environment will look as follows:
After completing the Lab instructions, the environment should look similar to:
May 5th, 2022 - Resolved an issue causing Docker not to be installed on the cluster nodes
Logan has been involved in software development and research since 2007 and has been in the cloud since 2012. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist (CKS), Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD), and Certified OpenStack Administrator (COA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.