The hands-on lab is part of these learning paths
Ready for the real environment experience?
Storage accounts in Azure have a wide range of uses and can store many different types of data. In other labs, you'll learn how to store data in storage accounts, as well as what kinds of data you can store and how to interact with that data once it's in a storage account. However, one of the primary reasons companies use Azure storage accounts for their storage solutions is for the large number of ways they can configure more than just the data inside the storage account.
Things like who can access the data, when they can access it, and from where can be configured. Additionally, things like the encryption of the data at rest and in transit, how to securely authenticate access to the account, what data specifically can be accessed and how (can users just see it, or also add, manage, or delete data as well?) and much more can be configured, ensuring that any companies can achieve an exact storage solution for their business needs.
In this lab, you'll dive deep into the creation and configuration of storage accounts by creating one yourself and managing many of the settings it offers.
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Create storage accounts in Azure
- Manage authentication to your storage accounts with access keys
- Achieve granular levels of access management to your storage accounts with shared access signatures (SAS)
- Protect your storage accounts with networking and firewall rules
This lab is intended for:
- Azure administrators
- Cloud engineers
- Storage and data engineers
- Anyone with a need to securely store data in the cloud
You should be familiar with:
- Basic familiarity with the Azure Portal is helpful, but not required
September 22nd, 2021 - Updated screenshots and instructions to reflect the latest UI experience
Matt has worked for multiple Fortune 500 companies as a DevOps Engineer and Solutions Architect. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, and an AWS Certified Solution Architect - Associate. He enjoys reading and learning new technologies.