- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
In a real-world setting, development and production environments are configurations that are logically separated in order to detect and address potential threats throughout the delivery process. Although these environments are separate, it's common for them to mirror one another. With this mirroring of configurations, developers tend to copy and paste majority of the environment configurations. This process is time consuming, and when done manually, they can be prone to error.
Terraform provides the ability to import remote module definitions in order to cut down on the process of duplicating similar environments. Terragrunt can be used on top of this functionality to configure the differing values of each environment from a single file in the project directory.
In this lab, you will learn how to use Terragrunt environment variables to simplify the deployment process to separate Google Cloud Platform (GCP) environments.
Upon completion of this lab, you will be able to:
- Learn how to simplify deployments to separate Google Cloud Platform environments with Terragrunt
- Individuals and teams looking for ways to scale their Terraform codebase with Terragrunt
- Individuals and teams seeking an introduction to using Terragrunt with Google Cloud Platform
Familiarity with the following will be beneficial but is not required:
- Basic concepts of Google Cloud Platform
- Basic concepts of Terraform
- Managing remote state with Terragrunt
- Passing output variables between Terraform modules
The following content can be used to fulfill the prerequisite:
Jun is a Cloud Labs Developer with previous experience as a Software Engineer and Cloud Developer. He holds the AWS Certified Solutions Architect and DevOps Engineer Professional certifications. He also holds the AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Developer, and SysOps Administrator Associate certifications.
Jun is focused on giving back to the growing cloud community by sharing his knowledge and experience with students and creating engaging content.