The hands-on lab is part of these learning pathsSee 5 more
Ready for the real environment experience?
Azure Monitor provides a comprehensive solution for gathering, querying and acting on data in Azure. Azure Monitor can ingest data from a large number of applications and services in your cloud and on-premises infrastructure. Companies use Azure Monitor because it allows them to diagnose issues across their applications, dependencies, and infrastructure, dive deep into their monitoring data with Log Analytics, automate responses to data with alerts and automated actions and visualize data in dashboards in their Azure accounts.
In this lab, you'll learn more about Azure Monitor by configuring metrics, saving visualized data in dashboards, setting alerts, and automating responses to your data with action groups.
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Configure and view metrics in Azure Monitor
- Visualize and save data in dashboards
- Set alerts
- Use log queries to interact with data
This lab is intended for:
- Azure administrators
- Cloud engineers
- Solutions architects and DevOps engineers
- Anyone with a need to view and manage actionable data in the cloud
You should be familiar with:
- Basic familiarity with the Azure Portal is helpful, but not required
- Basic familiarity with the principles of logs and logging
About the Author
Matt has worked for multiple Fortune 500 companies as a DevOps Engineer and Solutions Architect. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, and an AWS Certified Solution Architect - Associate. He enjoys reading and learning new technologies.